Monday, April 8, 2013

Bajeebers


I recently had the bajeebers scared out of me. It got me thinking...what are bajeebers, anyway? How many bajeebers does the average person have? Do they replenish? I've had the bajeebers scared out of me numerous times throughout my life. Or, are we just full of bajeebers and each spooky thing that happens only takes a few of them? Does having lots of bajeebers still inside of you, make you a better person? Lots to ponder. I feel this is a very important subject.

Also.I feel we need to discuss heebie-jeebies. That's the feeling you get when something squicky is happening. It's kind of a shivery sort of thing, often accompanied by the sound "glergh!!". The heebie-jeebies aren't quite as serious as bajeebers (or, as my husband likes to say, be-jabbers). 

And a little further down the scale is the woopie-wopie. I would say that woopie-wopies are confined in your stomach - that's the flippy floppy feeling you get when something is sort of heebie-jeebie. You need to trust those woopie-wopie feelings...because if you don't, you never know what might happen. CONSTANT VIGILANCE! Because otherwise...you might end up losing another bajeeber!!!!

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHA Do they replenish??

    CONSTANT VIGILANCE indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that the term "bejeebers" derives from "bajesus", originally a swear of sorts because it is a biblical reference. See urbandictionary.com's definition.

    1. Bajesus

    Small spirit that lives inside all living things. In times of extreme emotion, it leaves the body.

    Alt. spellings: Bajeezus, Ba-Jesus

    "Holy crap, you scared the Bajesus outta me!"

    ReplyDelete