Monday, January 17, 2011

People Are Silly

My sister Ace wanted me to start up a blog. She thinks I'm funny. I think I'm probably over-opinionated, but she insisted that I start this blog. So, here it is.

At first, I had no idea what I would write about. Ace claimed everything I say is hilarious.
I love pipecleaners.

Are you laughing yet?

Anyway, I didn't have anything to write about. Until now!

I am a beginner violin player, and have started practicing with a church group. After I played in public for the first time, I received some very nice compliments. They were lovely, but I found something very odd about them.

Every person accompanied their compliment with a "I'm playing the violin" miming action.
Example: "I loved your *extends left arm, pretends to hold a violin, and then pretends to draw the bow across the strings*! It was so lovely!"


One man even hummed along with his action. "Oh, I didn't know you hmmm-haa-hmmmm-ed!*crazy violin playing* Good job!"


People are silly. And I love it!

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHA
    "I love pipecleaners. Are you laughing yet?"

    YESS!

    Thanks Stiina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to ask my son if they do that to him. How odd. It's almost as if they can't decide whether to call it a violin or a fiddle and decide that it is safer to avoid the term all together rather than risk offending.

    ReplyDelete